Friday, May 6, 2011

7 weeks!

Wow! Can you believe it? We're already 7 weeks along! At 7 weeks our baby's arms and legs are growing more and hands and feet are emerging with webbed fingers and toes. He's about the size of a blueberry now! His brain is also growing rapidly and he still slightly has a little "tail", which will be gone within the next 2 weeks. He's doubled in size from just last week, isn't that amazing!

On Tuesday I went to the doctor to get my horrible cough checked out. My doctor thought I just had a sinus infection and gave me some Amoxicillin, but I don't think it's working. My cough is still just as bad! I wake up in the middle of the night now and have these coughing fits that last up to an hour! Sometimes I cough so hard that I gag! It's terrible! I'm going to finish my week's worth of medicine and if I'm still not better by then I'll go back to the doctor. I don't really want to take any cough medicine because I'm scared of the effects it'll have on the baby. One of my books says that cough syrup is questionable to use during pregnancy. So I'll just hold out for now.

I woke up this morning and it was like a teeny tiny bump emerged over night. When I went to the doctor's office on Tuesday I had lost about 4 lbs, but even with that my belly I think got a little bigger. Still no morning sickness though, not that I'm complaining, but I've heard that morning sickness and/or nausea is a sign of a healthy pregnancy. I know people have gone through a whole pregnancy without it and delivered a healthy baby, but sometimes it still worries me.

I'm just counting down the days until my doctor's appointment so I can finally schedule the first ultrasound! I can't wait to see this little prince or princess!!


Here's my 7 week picture, what do you think? Tiny baby bump in the works?


My wonderful momma sent me a mother's day gift!!! Chocolate covered strawberries and apples are A-MAZ-ING!!


Dan sent this to me. Is baby a boy or girl? We'll find out in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment