Thursday, November 17, 2011

Our BIG boy

I thought I'd update everyone really quickly in between me taking some tests for my online school.

Jake and I had an ultrasound appointment and an OB appointment yesterday. First was the ultrasound. Baby Jax is so far along that it's hard to see anything on the screen anymore. He's just smushed in there with no where to go, poor thing. Yesterday at the ultrasound I was 34 weeks and 5 days along. The lady started taking measurements on Jaxon and in the first few minutes Jake asked what the numbers on the screen meant, if they corresponded to how many weeks along Jaxon was measuring. The tech said yes and said "this body part is 34-35 weeks" so I was thinking the entire time that Jax would be measuring right where he should be. At the end of the ultrasound she turned the screen so I could see him and she tried to show me his feet, and hands and face, etc... Then I asked how big he was and she said that according to all the calculations the machine makes based on measurements of his body parts that he weighs 6 lbs 9 oz!!!!! She said he was measuring at about 36 weeks and 3 days which is almost two full weeks further along than what I am! So he's the average weight for a baby that's 36-37 weeks along, but since he's less than 35 he's a big boy! She did say that the calculations can be off by plus or minus half a pound, so he's a least 6 pounds and could be as much as 7 right now! She then said that she was going to fax over the information to my doctor by Thursday.

So then I had my OB appointment and since she hadn't gotten the fax yet she asked how the ultrasound went. Jake and I told her Jaxon's measurements and she agreed that he was a big baby. My fundal height was also measuring at 37 weeks, which is has always been measuring big (aka the reason she wanted me to get a growth ultrasound). My doctor then said she's going to try to get me another ultrasound at 38 weeks to measure his growth and give me a good estimate as to what he'll weigh at birth. She made it sound like no matter what that I'll be having Jaxon at 39 weeks. She said if the 38 week ultrasound has him measuring 9+ pounds then she wants me to get a c-section because she's afraid of shoulder dysplasia. If he's less than 9 pounds but still big then I'll be induced. I let my doctor know that I only want a c-section if it's medically necessary and that I want to try to have Jaxon naturally first, even if he is over 9 pounds. I also start going to see her every week now so she can continue to check on me. But right now it seems like Jax will be born on December 16 instead of the 23rd; although it's not set in stone yet.

I'll of course continue to keep you all updated every week as I hear more information.

Ok, back to tests.  :)

Love you all!

2 comments:


  1. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    Curtains Dubai Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
    artificial grass cost dubai


    ReplyDelete