Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Our Baby Boy is a Week Old

11:39 am on Tuesday, December 14 our lives changed forever for the better. Our sweet little boy Jaxon Adam Lester finally made his appearance into this world. He weighed 9 pounds even and was 19 and a half inches long. We are so blessed that God made us parents to this sweet little boy and we couldn't be any happier than when he's in our arms.


Here's my journey:

As you know, I had a false alarm thinking I was going into labor on Monday so Jake and I went into Labor and Delivery but the nurse told us that it wasn't the real thing and that she thinks she'd see us back in a couple days. She must have been psychic because she was so right! I picked my mom up from the airport on Tuesday night and on the drive home I started have little tiny contractions. They weren't painful, more annoying than anything but they never went away. They grew stronger and stronger throughout the night and got closer together. I didn't want to go to the hospital on another false alarm so I didn't tell Jake how bad they were until he caught me crying in the shower at 2 am. I could never get comfortable and nothing seemed to ease the pain. Finally at 3:45 am I couldn't take it anymore and the contractions were two minutes apart. We arrived at the hospital at 4:04 am and I was rushed into the triage center. Within a minute or two the nurse checked me and I was dilated to 4-5 cm and 100% effaced. Finally, I was real labor and I knew I'd be having our son later that day!! I was taken back into a labor and delivery room where I was hooked up to the machines and they gave me some pain reliever through an IV. Pretty quickly I had already progressed to 7 am and I got an epidural. The shot barely even hurt, it was nothing compared to the contractions and back labor I was having. Luckily for me the epidural worked just as it should have and it took full effect within 15 minutes. The rest of my labor progressed a little more slowly and it wasn't until 9:30 that I started pushing. My dad was on speakerphone the whole time so he could be as much of a part of it as he could be from back home. Both my mom and Jake were able to be in the delivery room also. I pushed for a total of two hours and finally my little man arrived!!! They put him on my chest immediately and Jake cut the cord. Poor little guy had a pretty big cone head at the time but he was still so beautiful. They took him to weigh him and clean him off more. One great thing about the hospital is how much they promote mommy and baby skin to skin contact. So pretty much from the time he was born for another hour or more it was just Jaxon laying on my chest. It was amazing finally having him here. It's so incredible that he was inside my belly then all the sudden he wasn't anymore. Having a child truly makes you believe in love at first sight.

Over the past week Jaxon and I have had a little trouble breastfeeding but we're both starting to get the hang of it now. He is on the borderline of losing too much weight (he weighed 8 pounds even as of yesterday!) so our pediatrician is having us come back on Friday to weigh him again. We may need to supplement with formula if he hasn't gained anything. Jaxon sleeps all the time right now. I have to really try to wake him up in the middle of the night to feed him, but even then he'll only eat for 5 minutes or less before really passing back out again. We also got him circumcised yesterday and he's healing well from that. Our tough little man apparently didn't cry or bleed at all during the procedure.

Jaxon is truly the best thing to ever happen to Jake and I. He is definitely his father's son and looks a lot like Jake. Jax has big blue eyes and dark blonde hair. Words can't describe how beautiful he is. Every once in a while he'll crack a little smile while he's asleep and it makes you just fall in love all over again. We can't wait for everyone to meet him and fall in love too.

We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I know Jake and I got everything we could have ever wanted or dreamed for this year. I'll continue to keep you all updated as often as I can with pictures and stories of Jaxon.

Next post I'll upload a ton of pictures for you all to "ohh" and "ahh" over.   :)

Love,
Mommy, Daddy and Baby Jaxon

4 comments:

  1. We are so happy for you all!
    What a beautiful Christmas present!

    Love,
    Uncle Doug & Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about
    carpenter service in dubai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    Curtain Suppliers in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
    artificial grass suppliers in dubai


    ReplyDelete