Friday, December 9, 2011

38 Weeks

Well, Jaxon is still baking in my belly. Our lil man is such a tease!!! He gives Momma contractions that come every 3 minutes for a couple hours then stops. He also makes Momma think she's going to have him really early since I was already dilated to 2-3 at 36w6d. But even after all the contractions I had this week I made no progress at my doctor's appointment I had yesterday. I was really disappointed. My OB checked me and said that I was measuring the same as last week, so I'm still sitting at 2-3 cm and 70% effaced. I know things can change quickly, but I was really hoping for some type of progress.

I was also supposed to have an ultrasound yesterday to see if Jaxon is still measuring big, but I had to cancel it because the doctor's office didn't put in the referral to my insurance company. Hopefully today I'll hear back from my doctor and she'll tell me whether or not they think I'll be able to get my ultrasound done in time. I've only seen two out of the three doctors in the practice, but the one doctor I had yesterday I'm not all that fond of. This was only the second time I've seen her. The first time she told me that Jaxon's measurements from his first ultrasound weren't big even though he was measuring two and half weeks ahead and then this time she gave me some terrible advice that I don't think is accurate at all! I told her that Jaxon has been moving a lot less and there was one day I was really worried about it. She told me that as long as he moves 6 times in one hour within 24 hours then it's nothing to worry about. So basically as long as I feel 6 kicks, punches or rolls in 24 hours then he's okay. I don't think that is safe at all. When Jake and I left the appointment we both agreed that if I only felt 6 movements within like 3 or 4 hours I'd be worried. Hopefully that is the last time I have to see her and I pray she isn't the doctor on call at the hospital when Jax decides to arrive.

I have finally hit that stage in the pregnancy where I can not get comfortable for the life of me! My tummy is always tight, Jax still likes to kick in my ribs every once in a while, ,my hips and pelvis are always hurting, and so much more. But no matter how uncomfortable I am I know I have a beautiful blessing growing inside of me so it makes it all worth it. The things mommies go through for their children...  ;)

I'm hoping today is the last day of Jake working longer hours/nights. I see him for probably for a total of two awake hours every day. He also has 24 hour duty starting Sunday morning so that'll be another whole day of not seeing him. Man, I'm complaining an awful lot this post, sorry!!

On a better note, my mom will be here Tuesday and that's also Jake's guess as to when Jax will arrive. Maybe little man knows that's when Nana will be here so he's waiting for her. I really hope if he does decide to come that day he at least waits til we're all back at the house because since we moved we live about 70 minutes from the airport, not to mention my hospital is another 15 on top of that. Jake and I hope I don't go into labor between 3-8 pm because the traffic gets pretty bad from our house to the hospital and I don't think there's a back way.

I haven't taken a picture yet today because I've been nesting like crazy. I think I'll wait until Jake is home because he's only been in a couple of my belly shots. But I'm off to go clean some more and scare Lucy Goosey with the vacuum cleaner.  :)

P.S.- Lucy eats the Christmas presents and ornaments. She's such an idiot sometimes... okay... all the time.




Love you all,
Mommy, Daddy and Baby J

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about
    custom made headboards abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    Best Parquet Flooring


    ReplyDelete

  3. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    Curtains and Blinds Shops in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. dubai artificial grass

    ReplyDelete