Friday, July 8, 2011

16 Weeks and Quickening!!

Hi everyone!

I know I say this every post, but time is flying by! I am 16 weeks along already! That means in 4 short weeks I'll already be halfway there to meeting our beautiful little baby.I hadn't really thought yet of how close it really is, it's exciting and nerve wrecking all at the same time. One thing I know for sure is that this little baby is going to be SO loved and cared for, not only by Jake and I, but by all of you!! There is one very lucky little girl or boy bouncing around in my tummy right now.

Speaking of bouncing around, I finally felt baby move on July 5! I was determined to feel baby move so I tried everything in the book; lying on my back, lying on my tummy, lying on my sides, on an empty tummy, on a full tummy... baby just wasn't having it. So at night when they said baby is most active, I lied on my back and put headphones up to my belly and played Jake and I's wedding song. What do ya know, I felt the slightest tiniest little flutter. It was amazing. I really can't describe it. Since then, I have felt baby probably 2-3 other times- I can more easily recognize it now that I know what I'm looking for. I thought it was just amazing little one reacted to our wedding song. What a special baby we have!!

Well since I am 16 weeks, I'll let you know what baby is up to this week. The most amazing thing is that baby can really hear now. He or she gets startled when the dogs bark or when the doorbell rings. And soon baby should be able to "recognize" Jake and I's voice. Within the next couple weeks baby is going to double in size! He or she is the size of an avocado this week, about 4.5" and 3.5 oz. Baby is also working on his or her reflexes more. He/she can suck the thumb, and is swallowing the amniotic fluid and excreting it every 45 minutes. Oh, and baby is also pumping 25 quarts of blood a day!!! What a hard worker! And finally, toenails and fingernails begin to form at this point. Our baby is well on his or her way to making an entrance into this world!!

We still don't know when Jake will be home from NC. We have a feeling it'll be something where we learn the day before that he's coming home. We just hope it's soon!

I'm getting ready to go to the pool, so my weekly belly picture is in my swim suit. I wish my bump was this noticeable with my belly covered up, but it's not.  :(


I hope you all had a great 4th of July and continue to have a great week!

Love,
Mommy, Daddy, Jax/Eva

3 comments:

  1. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    Curtains Dubai Satwa

    ReplyDelete

  2. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    curtain shop dubai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about
    furniture dubai stores


    ReplyDelete