Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Big News!

The wonderful news has finally leaked! Today our immediate family received Easter cards with news that we were egg-specting! Everyone was so happy for us. It couldn't have been better.

We found out we were pregnant Thursday, April 14. Jake actually took the test for me, came back a couple minutes later to check out the results. At first he said it was negative then he studied the test a little harder and noticed a faint second line. He handed the test to me and it was confirmed, we were finally pregnant! Jake was a little uneasy about the second line being so faint so I had a blood test done the next day. We didn't get our results back the same day so on Saturday I took 3 more tests which all came back clearly positive! Jake could finally rest easy knowing we were in fact having a baby.

We had a good feeling about this month. I knew I was pregnant probably about a week after I ovulated. Of course there were a couple days I questioned it but I had all the symptoms. Tender breasts, extreme fatigue, headaches, sensitivity to smell, you name it I probably had it.

As you all may know, Jake can't be here for the first half of the pregnancy. He left Monday, April 18 for school out in North Carolina and will be gone until August. He's extremely upset he can't be here, but we'd rather him be missing this part than the birth of our child. I don't have my doctors appointment scheduled yet, it probably won't be until I'm 7-9 weeks along. Oh ya, I forgot to tell you all, as of today, we're 4 weeks and 4 days along with a due date of December 23! Yes, that's correct, the 23rd! We're going to have the busiest last week and a half of each year than anyone you've ever met with baby's birthday, Christmas, my birthday and our wedding anniversary! God just planned it all that way.

Jake and I are so excited to be sharing the news with you all. Although not many people will be reading this until we announce our pregnancy to extended family and friends in June, we thought you all would really enjoy reading the ups and downs of this pregnancy! Hopefully I can update this on a regular basis.

We love you all!

Love,

Mommy, Daddy and Baby Lester

4 comments:

  1. Dear Baby Lester, Your Nana is so excited that God has blessed us and begun your life. You are very lucky and have an amazing mommy and daddy to love and take care of you. So stay safe in mommy's tummy and play and grow. Your daddy will have a lot of great stories and songs to sing to you when he gets back home. I can't wait to meet you and see your sweet little face ! Love you, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you guys!! Enjoy this time...It's so amazing God gives us such an awesome opportunity and bonding experience with baby even before they arrive. Let us know if you need anything or have any questions....(I know I had a MILLION:). Your lives will NEVER be the same....there's nothing like the blessing of a sweet baby!!
    We love you guys!!
    Uncle K, Aunt M, and Cousin G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    Carpets Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    Carpet Shops in Abu Dhabi


    ReplyDelete